Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Haim - Days Are Gone

Haim! Heard about them through some music magazine or other, picked up in an airport somewhere on the other side of the world or en route back from there maybe; just a little sidebar piece that basically said that they were like Fleetwood Mac with a soul/r&b edge and I figured I'd probably like it, so when I got home I had a listen to their ep (at that stage, all they'd released) and did like it, as I have the couple of singles that've come out since.

So anyhow, here's the lp, and it too is good, for all the reasons that went previously - rhythm & melody & pop. "Forever" reappears (though with a slightly crisper, punchier mix), and likewise "Go Slow" and "Don't Save Me", all still tremendously winning and collectively pretty representative of the pleasures that Days Are Gone has to offer. Also especially ace: "The Wire", "Honey & I".