Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bon Jovi - Cross Road

It's not news that I'm listening to this - many moons ago, I borrowed a copy of this best-of from the library and put it on tape at the time...so far so good, then. Problem is, somewhere along the line I taped over it (if memory serves, with one of those obscure Pink Floyd albums that I've never even listened to all the way through) and since then - this was all years ago - have frequently found myself hankering for the record, sometimes particular songs and sometimes just for the concentrated hit of several of those singles all in a row: "Blaze of Glory", "Bed of Roses", "Livin' on a Prayer", "Always", "Wanted Dead or Alive", "You Give Love a Bad Name", "Keep the Faith"...

Anyway, the yearnings have been particularly frequent lately, and I finished work early one night last week and set off determined to finally buy myself a copy; happily, it was going for $10 at jb (which is about as much as I could've decently spent on a Bon Jovi album after all) and, somewhat to Penelope's chagrin, have been listening to it plenty since (much finding myself with the tunes caught in my head as I walk around).